1. After you make a promise to someone, i.e. "I will send the documents to you", or "I will record the show on the DVR for you", before you forget, you send out the promise to that person through Hooplus. You can choose to deliver the promise through email or Facebook.
2. The other party will see the promise and choose to 'accept' or 'reject'.
3. You go ahead and fulfill that promise.
4. When you are done, send a notification through Hooplus to the promise recipient.
5. When the promise recipient verifies that you have kept your promise, you earn points.
6. The more people you fulfill promises to, the more points you earn.
7. Do it again and have fun keeping promises.
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Thursday, November 8, 2012
What is Hooplus?
Hooplus is a social app aimed to help people to keep promises. Users will be able to send and request promises to each other and acknowledge them when they are fulfilled. The percentage of execution will translate into a trust/execution score for app users.
Why we built Hooplus?
This is an experiment, and we are inviting the world to experiment with us. The answers we are trying to get are: 1. Can we help people keep promises and improve relationships with a well-designed tool? 2. Can we digitize trust and execution?
Where the idea came from?
When the founder, Jia Jiang, was working for a Fortune 500 company, he was frustrated by the people who couldn’t keep their promises. So like all curious minds, he experimented. After he received promises from people, Jia would ask them to send him emails for reminder. When people did that, Jia analyzed the results and found that the fulfillment rates went up by 50%. So, if this can be done by the terrible tracking system called email, a well-designed app should do wonders. So, he quit his job and started working on the solution.
Why we need your help?
We all make promises, and we have strong incentives to keep them. Hooplus is an experiment to build an awesome tool, to improve relationships, and to make the world a better place. We need your feedback on how we can build this tool and make your lives better.